Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Turkey
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Turkey holds 312,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 53rd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Turkey are less than even a single year of oil consumption (343,779,139 barrels as of 2016), making Turkey highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 53rd
| Share of World: 0.02 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Turkey
Oil Consumption in Turkey
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Turkey consumes 941,861 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Turkey ranks 22nd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Turkey consumes 0.50 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 79,827,871 people), or 181 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Turkey
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Turkey produces
66,308.27 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 58th in the world.
- Turkey produces every year an amount equivalent to 7.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Turkey imports 53% of its oil consumption (502,570 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production